AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beans into cereal rye
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WIJDW
Posted 4/29/2024 20:12 (#10723144 - in reply to #10722777)
Subject: RE: Beans into cereal rye

So imo not a bad thing your rye isn't terminated yet, but I'd be wanting to get it sprayed next time your ground is fit for the sprayer to not make significant tracks.
Hard to answer your question about when bean yield starts suffering, as all I've got is experiencing I've been able to let it go for a couple weeks after bean emergence and still had good bean yields competing with beans that didn't have a rye cover crop. I've had rye height up to waist high with emerged beans w/o thinking the yield hit if any was very significant, but too many variables to say any absolutes with any confidence.

Beans in pics were drilled at similar date to yours and the rye was sprayed last Thursday right before this last weekend storms. Had close to 5" and a little hail over the weekend, and took pics this morning and didn't sink in at all if stepping on the rye. Think I could have worn my shoes into the house after venturing into the fields this morn w/o leaving any tracks behind, but wasn't brave enough to try it knowing the wife cleaned the floors yesterday, lol.

(drilling green (full).JPG)

(bean emergence 4-30-24 (full).JPG)

(a bit on the trashy side (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments drilling green (full).JPG (115KB - 17 downloads)
Attachments bean emergence 4-30-24 (full).JPG (135KB - 18 downloads)
Attachments a bit on the trashy side (full).JPG (146KB - 17 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)