AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greet model
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 5/2/2024 06:19 (#10725759 - in reply to #10725014)
Subject: RE: Greet model

Little papa - 5/1/2024 12:26

So for ethanol plant to sell saf ethanol they need (all) corn from notill, cover crop, special Fert fields. So they can’t take corn from fields that not meet those standards. Let me see? How that going to keep ethanol plant in full production? (at least to start) Only 25% of farmers going to put up with government BS. Not enough corn to keep plant running in area. This idea will fall on its drunk face and have to sober up in its vomit.
Papa, they way I see it, those that don’t adapt are going to be on the outside looking in. The adapters are going to get paid pretty darn well for their efforts, and that puts them at a much higher competitve advantage than the 75% number you used. I can see where the 25% can/will pocket an extra Buck a bushel,as early as the current growing crop, and for the really good scores, a buck and a half is a possible achievement? (Using numbers from Mr. Hora’s podcast, which may be optimistic I realize) How long do you think the 75% that are missing out on potential $150-250 an acre extra revenue are going to be able to compete with the top 25%?. This is one of those deals whereby a fella can cuss, fuss, stew, piss and moan, throw a fit, all they want, but at the end of the day if they don’t adapt to what’s coming, and already here, cuz your CI score matters big time for the 2024 growing season, well, let’s just say that’s a significant disadvantage for those that have to compete for land to farm. Just the way it is, don’t shoot the messenger….

Edited by Boone & Crockett 5/2/2024 11:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)