AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What wet fields means for your soybeans going forward.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 5/11/2024 08:24 (#10736594 - in reply to #10736248)
Subject: RE: What wet fields means for your soybeans going forward.

nc ks
anotherwindyday - 5/10/2024 21:06

dvswia - 5/10/2024 11:15

I don't see any benefit at all to these overpriced treatments. none. treated beans show same problems in wet conditions, but they cost you a whole lot more.

You’re 1000% right. Keep preaching it.

Not true. Several years ago I was double cropping soybeans after wheat and I ran out of opened treatment. I didn't want to open new jugs for the last 30 acres. The beans were going into dry dirt as is common in double cropping the first of July in my area. It rained a few inches a day or two later. The treated came up beautifully, the untreated did not come up at all. It was a box planter that we ran out completely before putting the non treated beans in.
Same variety, same lot number.

The drier it is but with enough moisture to germinate, the less you will see the need for fungicide treatment. Tons of naked beans get planted and do fine. But with adverse conditions fungicide can help both at germination and later.

I don't think the insecticide portion is as necessary though. Any problems with insects can be easily, more effectively, and cheaply taken care of with a sprayer. That said, the cost of the seed applied insecticide has decreased so much that I don't bother with leaving it out anymore.

If you are paying a high price for seed treatment, you need to shop around.

Edited by kb ag 5/11/2024 08:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)