AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fructose glycates hemoglobin 7-10 times greater than glucose
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/22/2024 22:11 (#10783994)
Subject: Fructose glycates hemoglobin 7-10 times greater than glucose

Pittsburg, Kansas

"Fructose glycates hemoglobin 7-10 times greater than glucose." At least according to these two doctors in this interview linked below.

And yet the HbA1c blood test only indicates the glycation from glucose. It does not indicate the glycation from fructose. At least according to these two doctors.

I had heard something similar previously but could never find the reference or be sure I was remembering it correctly. Here it is at starting at minute 13.

Wow. If what they are saying is true, and I have no reason to believe they are blowing smoke up our posterior, that is jaw dropping news for diabetes and anyone with insulin resistance. Should give people second thoughts about the amounts of food and drinks they consume with significant loads of fructose in them. 

Fructose was a survival mechanism designed to cause us to eat more and fatten up before a long winter. In nature fructose containing foods were available in quantity in the fall months before winter. When fruits ripen and honey stores are up for the winter. Maybe our bodies are not designed to be loaded up with high rates of fructose year round like we have available today in grocery stores and incorporated into so many of our processed foods and drinks.

Table sugar is half fructose and half glucose. Fruit juices have even higher rates of fructose than table sugar. High fructose corn syrup is about 55% fructose (with some variations).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSjB272ZFR4

Do they know what they are talking about? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. I have some questions on their view of pesticides but of course I am a pesticide user so am a little biased in that respect. But their discussion about fructose sure raises some questions in my mind. As a diabetic the information is pretty important. For a non-diabetic that does not want to become diabetic I would say it should be important to them also.

Edited by John Burns 6/22/2024 22:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)