AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI drones may soon become totally banned in USA unless you do something NOW
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

madflower
Posted 6/25/2024 00:39 (#10786629 - in reply to #10786425)
Subject: RE: DJI drones may soon become totally banned in USA unless you do something NOW

It isn't about -that- hyseria, it was the fact they are collecting data and sending it back to china through an Amazon Web Services server. It has been going on for several years, and they fixed it like 2 weeks ago. As far as I understand, they may still be collecting data, they just aren't sending it to china. For all i know, once they get near a military base, they start sending the pictures back.

From what I understand of the ukraine war, the ukranians were using consumer drones to do scouting and dropping bombs on tanks.

with the flight data, china just had to turn that over to russia, and at the very least, they would know the position of the people launching them.

Then you don't know what other security vulnerabiilities exist. can they take over the flying drone? Their data collection was found by someone just hacking at the server and got in.

In the US, the ceiling is 400ft for private airspace. The people who want to raise it are the WindFarm folks because the wind at 110m is better then 100m. but because raising that ceiling changes so many laws and regulations, it won't ever happen. It would probably cost a minimum of a trillion dollars. and Wind isn't so much better or that much cheaper then solar that it is worth it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)