AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EV Range anxiety?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jim
Posted 6/28/2024 14:24 (#10790932 - in reply to #10790919)
Subject: RE: EV Range anxiety?

Driftless SW Wisconsin

AmosB - 6/28/2024 14:16
Ed Boysun - 6/28/2024 07:39

I'm a bit puzzled by your comment on, "most EV buyers regret their purchase." How many EV buyers do you know? 
I certainly have zero regret about buying one. No way, would I ever consider another ICE vehicle if I could get another Tesla.
Like Jim's, mine was purchased with no subsidy and before the big price cuts from Tesla. 

McKinsey and Co. Consumer Mobility Pulse for 2024 has 46% of current US EV owners "very likely" to switch back to gas powered vehicles for there next purchase. 35% said the reason was lack of charging station infrastructure, 34% attributed it to high cost of ownership, and 32% cited distance restrictions and changes to their driving patterns as reasons for customers wanting to ditch their EVs.

I would not trust ANYTHING coming out of McKinsey! They are masters of producing a result to match whatever the entity paying them wants. They are the ones that have almost singlehandedly screwed up American industry starting in the 70's. Look at the incredible and destructive USA spread between production shop floor and executive pay - McKinsey is a big part of that.

That study should be in the same trashcan as the ones that show EVs going through tires so much faster than ICEs.

Edited by Jim 6/28/2024 14:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)