AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When/what model planters have a shank that’s up to No-til
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 6/28/2024 22:18 (#10791485 - in reply to #10791402)
Subject: RE: When/what model planters have a shank that’s up to No-til

Faunsdale, AL
It’s not fast! Problem I have is the lever sometimes locks in to raise and planter goes all the way up with the detent holding lever, but sometimes it doesn’t stay locked in. I’m usually watching it, but that could be some of the reason I’ve got so many shanks bent. I put a hired man in it for a day last Saturday and that evening I found all this carnage in the row unit shanks. It’s possible the lever kicked out on him and he didn’t catch it before he did a lot of damage. I may be able to play with the flow control and improve things there. Got the hired guy running a 1560 no-till drill now which is more his speed!

I think your planter has the same parallel/series rephasing setup that this 16/31 has, just with one less cylinder in series on each side. So probably has about the same flow requirement.

Edit….. mine has two 3” bore wing cylinders in parallel on each side vs a single 4-1/4 bore on the 12 row so almost exactly the same oil flow requirements to lift it. All planters use the same 3” bore center/master lift cylinders so it stands to reason the wing lift cylinders would come up to the same volume.

Edited by ccjersey 6/28/2024 23:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)