AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

green lightning update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kurtgrimm
Posted 7/1/2024 18:25 (#10794985 - in reply to #10790655)
Subject: RE: green lightning update

We've been running a unit for the last three months and want to put some caution out around this machine. First, water quaility going into the units is extremely important. Our first unit started on fire as we where using softened water. Turns out the sodium from the softened water has too high of an electrical conductivity and it eventually shorted out. We now us RO water with a remineralizer and it is working better. The company is standing behind any warranty issues related to things like this. they replaced our machine within a couple of weeks.

We are seeing mixed results on our initial observations in the field. In many cases it does not visually look at good as conventional nitrogen. We had one wheat test that was made before we treated our water and it had a 27% yield drag on poor soil and 8% yield drag on good soil. Yield range was 95 to 132. The green lightning was foliar applied as the spring sidedress.

I want it to work, but there are many unknowns about the machines and how they work at this point. Only jump in if you are willing to be part of an experiment is my advice right now! My email is in my profile.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)