AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Class 10+ Combine Depreciation. Specifically X9 and new AF11
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 9/12/2024 07:38 (#10887495 - in reply to #10887458)
Subject: RE: Class 10+ Combine Depreciation. Specifically X9 and new AF11

Nw Iowa
I guess my point is that many make this out to be some kind of special deal. It is open to everybody, but it is not always to everyone’s benefit. Really depends on how economic winds are blowing, but generally doing these a year out, so some risk, especially for the dealer and than later for customer if he can’t trade again reasonably, especially if he has a lot of debt on equipment. In good times it works.
I try to post on this stuff to show the downside, not to sound like I know something which I don’t. Just my past experience. . People look at these things as though somebody is getting some kind miracle deal. The other side of it is not pretty if some one gets too leveraged and economic times change quickly. When some one throws around 10 and 15% discounts you should go to dealer to see what kind of dollars are really involved. I think you will be surprised and a bit shocked.
I guess as a a business person and getting older we have chosen to run way less new equipment and concentrate on assets that appreciate or have long term value. Rather than worrying about new cost of equipment, it would make far more sense to be financially solid and be able to buy some of this severely discounted equipment like that was offered this summer for substantially under any MUD discounts with no strings attached.

Edited by jdironman 9/12/2024 08:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)