AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Class 10+ Combine Depreciation. Specifically X9 and new AF11
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 9/12/2024 11:14 (#10887824 - in reply to #10887495)
Subject: RE: Class 10+ Combine Depreciation. Specifically X9 and new AF11

I think we are pretty much exactly in the same page, just focussing on different points. Actually the reason I had that conversation with my salesman was because I was venting my frustration from the farmers side of the desk about not being able to take part in the benefits of multi discounts. He basically explained to me what I am trying to explain here. He likely did it much better though, lol. He explained how the multi purchase deals made a big difference for helping to lower the prices of the good used equipment sitting on their lots.

I know they are available to all and it’s not an exclusive club but the reality of economics gets in the way for many of us because it just doesn’t make financial sense.

I figured I’d relay what he told me because this thread was about the extreme depreciation of almost new equipment but for many of the purchasers the depreciation won’t be as extreme as it appears to be to guys like me who don’t take part in multiple deals. That isn’t to say it still isn’t extreme but it does introduce a significant factor that at least I had never thought of before.

Edit to add: In this case the percentage that I was told is even higher than what I mentioned on here. I don’t know of all the details as far as what figure the percentage came off of and I never saw the actual sale bill so I can not guarantee I wasn’t being told a lie but in all honesty making the percentage higher wasn’t going to help pacify my concern in the conversation as a lower number would have helped instead. lol.

Edited by havin’funfarming 9/12/2024 11:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)