AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did the Big Tech Bubble pop tonight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

STOMN
Posted 1/9/2021 09:17 (#8736200 - in reply to #8736169)
Subject: RE: Did the Big Tech Bubble pop tonight

West Central MN
jtpfarm - 1/9/2021 09:11

STOMN - 1/9/2021 09:03

Jackrabbit - 1/8/2021 20:58

I can't see how the oligarchs come back from this

This is a quagmire. We play be the same rules here on NAT. Their site their rules. Don’t like it leave. The president wants to change the law to hold social media companies liable for things posted on their sites. (Not saying that’s right or wrong). So if President Trump got his way social media companies could be held liable for what happened at the capital for inciting a mob to commit damage to monuments (which is a law president Trump passed). I think it’s wrong for Fox News to say this is restricting your freedom of speech. (I’m guessing that’s we’re you got the oligarchs comment). You can’t go into a public setting and yell fire. Freedom of speech is not encouraging people to damage public monuments or inciting a mob.

Where the problem comes in is those places doing so called "fact checks" and deciding which news can and can't be published. That makes them technically a media company which puts them under different rules and regulations than a social media platform. There is a reason antitrust lawsuits have been brought against social media and Google/Apple. They have made it nearly impossible for competition to exist and near impossible to use any of today's communication technology without using their platform or services.

I don’t think people have a problem with fact checks. They have problems when they want to believe something deemed false.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)