AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New PPP deal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McFarmer
Posted 1/10/2021 12:44 (#8739594 - in reply to #8739484)
Subject: RE: New PPP deal

I’ve been thinking about this for sometime. My advice to the younger crowd is to take advantage of every government handout there is. If you don’t, you’ll suffer the hangover without ever going to the party.

In 1993 I thought I was taking the high road by declining all the 0-92 money. No crop insurance. Neighbors took crop insurance payments, 0-92 payments and disaster payments. Some applied for unemployment after disking corn down. Today no one remembers. I had livestock to feed and most around here didn’t.

It took me 5 years to recover from that hole and I had neighbors claim it was their best year ever. Not again. Taking the high road with the government will get you nothing. Personal and business dealings, absolutely, but not Uncle Sam. Follow the rules, play the game, don’t walk any fine lines but get what you can.

I took PPP in the first draw and will again. I took my tax returns to the bank and told him to get me all he can, don’t bend any rules. I’ll do the same again. I have two daughters that work for large banks some distance from here. They said dad, it has nothing to do with need, take the money.

I hate this deal but a person has to be in the game. The system has no morals. Just got back last night from signing taxes, government payments was 75% of net. I can’t look the other way and think I’m too good to take it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)