AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock suggestions for 2021
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Archery dog
Posted 1/12/2021 06:48 (#8744250 - in reply to #8744126)
Subject: RE: Stock suggestions for 2021

Schochoh Ky
Research mutual funds and find you a good personal advisor, ask friends and family for a name of a trusted person. I’m the first to admit this is not as easy as most reflect. I have several different stocks ,maybe 30 companies ,think I was up about 18% for the year , only reason I was not up a lot more , my chevron stock was a turd this year , losing like 40% this year .I liked picking stocks when I started 30 years ago , it’s easier to pick a good mutual fund and forget about the individual ones. My best performer of all time has been Deere, worst ones are too many , mostly banking citi group, Wells Fargo , others that were sure bets, the plung in 07 destroyed them . The Deere just kept on ticking. Check out Blackrock technology opportunities fund, for one , 32% return in 19 , 22 last year, lost 4 in 18 ,still 16 % over three years. Do your own research and manage, don’t panic in down times. Best advice I can give , is if you are young , start early , deposit in an ira every year ,and be diligent, as you grow older and look forward to retirement, slowing down a bit that is, so you have something besides ag land and ss to keep you up .when our kids were born we started them a college fund,100 dollars a month out of checking account monthly for each , they are 21 and 27 today , and there is like 30k in one and 40k in the other one today , we stopped funding when the graduated high school, one graduated from college , one went 2 years , everything paid for out of these funds ,we will roll these accounts into the grandchildren’s name when the time comes .I wish you good luck , and that Deere stock is a good one , hasn’t split in a while !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)