AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone ever get 2 or 3 loans on a farm to stair step payoffs?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 1/14/2021 22:28 (#8752110 - in reply to #8752106)
Subject: RE: Anyone ever get 2 or 3 loans on a farm to stair step payoffs?

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
coup - 1/14/2021 22:27

GrainTrader - 1/14/2021 19:41

Let’s say you buy a million dollar farm. To make it “cash flow”, you need about 1/2 down. The bank requires 30% down. So you’ve got a $700,000 loan.

In this scenario, had anyone gotten 2 separate loans, one for $500,000 and another for $200,000. Then you try your best to pay down the $200,000 loan principal as quick as possible with say off farm funds or scraping by or whatever. Then once that’s paid off, your yearly payment on what’s left of the 500,000 is a more bearable number for the balance of the loan...

Getting a $700,000 loan and writing them a check for $200,000 in a few years doesn’t help make the payment cheaper, unless you refi, and that comes with some decent cost at times and it could be that when you refi your rate is higher... (thinking that with the theory of we are about as close to “0 interest” as possible.)

Split the loan, put part on 20 year payment and part on 5 year Reloc that only yearly int would be due for 5 years

I wondered about that also

It’s not necessarily the product I’m looking for, but would bring a level of “cushion” there to save when able and back off when not able... also I’ve liked that since you first brought it up years ago for the ability to be able to take what would be that principal money and use it to tile the farm, build a bin, and get the soil fertility in order sooner...

Thanks

Edited by GrainTrader 1/14/2021 22:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)