AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Public Service Announcement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WTF2014
Posted 1/18/2021 02:17 (#8760302 - in reply to #8760242)
Subject: RE: Jbweston

CIL
djmcountryboy - 1/17/2021 23:29

It is a confluence of events.
1. When the Covid news first surfaced and lockdowns went into place, manufacturing stopped in the Far East.
2. When it started in the states, almost all orders were cancelled by companies not knowing what demand may or may not be.
3. Covid outbreaks on manufacturing floors are causing temporary shutdowns and reduced output.
4. Supply chains were decimated for six to eight weeks in the Far East and another six weeks or so in the states. The world basically went three months with zero output.

In 2020, the United States ran out of materials to make mattresses, "down" to put inside pillows, metal bedframes to set your mattress and box spring on, wooden legs for furniture just to name a few.

I was talking to a business owner who sells Goodyear Tires and he told me in the later part of 2020 he could not the most popular tire Goodyear retails. The wait time was three to four weeks.

The media has been too caught up in Covid and the election to report the crisis which is upon us.

I have been told a food crisis has developed in the Far East and it is starting to trickle into the states.

Wow....you mean there are people who still want to buy Goodyear tires???? Crazy times indeed.

Edited by WTF2014 1/18/2021 03:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)