AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me the future of corn and ethanol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kggonzo
Posted 1/29/2021 18:26 (#8792309 - in reply to #8792122)
Subject: RE: Tell me the future of corn and ethanol

Northeast Nebraska and Candelaria Philippines
Kooiker - 1/29/2021 17:06

tmrand - 1/29/2021 09:19 Part of what you're not accounting for...........is that these large generation companies are only going to work if they make "X" profit. If a few people do things to shave off their peak consumption.........it'll be great for those few. If the masses start doing it.........it'll be a whole different set of numbers to work with. One thing I know............is that these big generation plants aren't just going to keep selling power cheap...........and produce less of it without a fight of some kind, be it pricing or ?? In the end we may use less power.................but we most certainly won't be spending less money.

100% Correct on all of it but the last sentence is solid gold.

It takes $'s to operate the grid.     Less usage from the grid = more service charges to make up the shortfall.

Actually, you are exactly wrong...

There will be more usage of the grid, making it more efficient. The peak grid usage, (when it is stretched to the max) will come down. And usage at night, when excess capacity is available will be used to charge. This will make the grid utilized more, and should make transporting power cost less.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)