AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If I was a row crop farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 1/30/2021 14:07 (#8794217 - in reply to #8793869)
Subject: RE: If I was a row crop farmer

Iowa
The government cannot afford high interest rates like they could back in the 80's. Raising taxes will just choke off the economy. I guess they could keep printing more money. That's the painless solution.** They could keep printing enough to give us all universal income. Then everyone could buy whatever they need in the stores or online. We would not even have to work. We'll cut down on greenhouse gases that way if we don't produce anything and the government just gives us enough to buy whatever we want in the stores. China will produce everything (no greenhouse gases there**), and we'll just pay them with all the money the government is printing. It will be great. Children will be able to take the trash bags full of cash they made from their lemonade stands (if they are allowed to do that) and maybe buy a snickers bar with it. Our best days are soon to become reality.*****

I agree higher interest rates would be a game changer, but I don't see our government allowing that to happen. They seem to want to keep printing money instead. It's a back door way of effectively stealing the life savings from those who've managed to save some cash. It's effectively spending other people's money until they run out of it, just kicking the can down the road. I don't know what will happen to land prices in the mean time. Every time things get a little rough, the government steps in to bail farmers out. The government wants the basic commodities to be in good supply and affordable to the masses. That tends to keep the land prices high. It's a house of cards that has gone on a lot longer than I thought it would.

Edited by tigger 1/30/2021 14:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)