AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does it really?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

clancy52
Posted 2/1/2021 06:50 (#8798354 - in reply to #8798111)
Subject: RE: Does it really?

Lower Indiana Hill Country
so from the paper, does this imply that INFLATION will operate somewhat autonomously at times within the labor sector, commodities/materials, and currency? As stated in the paper, we should expect wild swings in the coming years starting in the 90's. My observation is that labor has been relatively steady until this new $15 minimum wage decree. Commodities/materials have gone thru their cyclical periodic swings and have returned to a base that is basically the average price adjusted for "inflation", hence the last 4-5 years of corn/ soybeans until September. However, the G5 now G20 has been periodically picking winners and losers thru currency control to allow each country to do "good enough" for a period of time until the next time their currency is allowed to provide good trading scenarios towards other countries.

My question is: Has the USA now entered a "storm" of high wages, high commodities, and it takes more $$$ to buy needed foreign goods?

Thanks for posting that article. I have been trying to position my operation to prevent the trauma low prices and high money cost experienced in the early 80's. I trust others are fixing their interest in the 3-5% range for several years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)