AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land prices and mineral rights
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jimgen
Posted 2/2/2021 16:56 (#8802166 - in reply to #8802087)
Subject: RE: Land prices and mineral rights

central mich
A friend recently bought me a letter regarding minerals rights in PA that he had no knowledge of. The particular mineral rights were involved in a drilling block so they needed the mineral rights. The friend had acquired the rights down through a long list of hereditary involvement from relatives he was completely unaware of. The offer he receive was generous. When I looked at it what struck me was the surface owners were many that covered the much much larger mineral area. i.e a 100 surface owners over one larger mineral area. So the driller could access the oil or gas by directional drilling or accessing the surface owners property. But at least in PA the minerals were never severed. While in Mich the mineral interest has to be re-recorded every so many years, 10 years I believe.
There are companies that provide a service to re state mineral interests in Michigan. I have an 40 acre parcel with 1/2 (part of an 80 ) the minerals severed and the mineral owner never has failed to re state his interests.

Edited by jimgen 2/2/2021 17:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)