AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

more EV news
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

deersniper
Posted 2/5/2021 06:45 (#8808119 - in reply to #8807488)
Subject: RE: more EV news

kggonzo - 2/4/2021 20:34

I believe the change to EV will happen quickly. The telsa factory in tx will make 500,000 vehicles a year.

The switch to EV will happen, not just because of people caring about the environment, it will come because the EV will be a better choice in vehicles.

They will have more power, and a lower cost per mile of electricity that gas. Tesla vehicles 0-60 is from 1.9 seconds to 3.5 seconds depending on vehicle. They are all 4 wheel drive.

The new series of batteries that Tesla is just starting to make is a game changer. They are dry cell, so cold won't effect them as much. They can charge from 20% to 80% in 15 min. And they are like 56% cheaper than the previous battery.

The new power packs will hold 90 kwh of power. That's enough to power most homes for 2 or more days. In the next couple of years they will set this up so the car can power the home or the grid.

Some have the concern that the EV will give the grid problems. That can be fixed, and is being fixed in other countries like Australia. The world is adding solar capacity at around 30-40 GWH annually, which will continue to increase. I think the wind power will be small compared to what is about to happen with solar. I think even you nay sayers will solar panels in the next 10 years. BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE ECONOMIC SENSE.

This will all be driven due to economics.

Lol.

Driven by economics. ?

It’s not free market when all this crap is subsidized and electric company’s are mandated to have 20 percent power come from wind or solar.

Wind and solar are a pipe dream. Net negative for energy produced and terrible for the environment.

Nukes and hydro are the only power sources that are worth talking about
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)