AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All the EV talk has me thinking. Used cars?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 2/5/2021 07:57 (#8808320 - in reply to #8808310)
Subject: RE: All the EV talk has me thinking. Used cars?

Illinois Steve - 2/5/2021 07:52 What you are saying has some merit. Since nuclear power plants are being decommissioned and no new ones built we will be relying on NG for generating electricity along with some wind and solar but NG will be the primary source. At that point why not just run cars on NG? They may get everything figured out with how to make the whole EV work viably but it sure looks like they have a long way to go. Jon Hagen pointed out earlier in the week the battery technology is evolving quickly both in materials used to make them, range of travel, and longevity. That is encouraging because right now the amount of material that would need to be mined to make all of these batteries is a net loss for the environment. If they get that problem solved then it gets back to the incredible increase in demand of electricity needed to keep those vehicles running. I'm guessing this can all be overcome but we are a long way from there right now.

There's a problem with relying on wind/solar electric and NG to power everything instead of burning gas/diesel.   

NG is primarily a byproduct of oil.    Without using oil, NG is not going to be cheap like it currently is.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)