AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All the EV talk has me thinking. Used cars?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Red Paint
Posted 2/5/2021 07:57 (#8808322 - in reply to #8807936)
Subject: RE: All the EV talk has me thinking. Used cars?

SW “Ohia”
fastdeere - 2/5/2021 01:25

Red Paint - 2/4/2021 22:45

doathlon - 2/4/2021 22:38

Do tell........so what do you know about battery manufacturing and materials? How about where these battery mines are along with labor used and effects on groundwater. I'm not buying it. I think Brazil with its ethanol program and now focusing on hydrogen ethanol fuel cell is the real winner.

Batteries don’t just get thrown in the ocean at the end of their life. They get recycled. This isn’t new. 98% of lead car batteries get recycled today. It’s not hard to reapply that supply management.

These minerals exist extensively around the world, they just haven’t been exploited in many areas (US being one) because it’s cheaper to buy them elsewhere still. And modern materials science is always looking for the next breakthrough to save money.

Electric is coming folks, government involvement or not. In the last five years I’ve seen more and more Tesla’s appear in the parking lot at work. 1, then 2, then 5, now over 10.

Relying on government mandated fuel demand for crops ain’t gonna last.

So if the point is to reduce the carbon footprint we should shutdown pipelines that are built, close coal mines that are operating, shutdown ethanol plants that are built and cap oil wells that are already pumping to break ground and open up new mines to extract the minerals that are needed to make batteries?
Seems back ass wards!

If you saw the environmental impact study and planning that went into a greenfield mining operation in any western country you’d realize it’s a whole different ballgame from a simple pipeline, 80+ year old grandfathered coal mine, or field of pump jacks with a 50’ diameter dead patch around every well head.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)