AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All the EV talk has me thinking. Used cars?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

senodak
Posted 2/5/2021 10:38 (#8808717 - in reply to #8808394)
Subject: RE: All the EV talk has me thinking. Used cars?

Remember when CFL lightbulbs were the thing and incandescents were actually illegal for a while? You spent like 10 times as much on a CFL that contained mercury and in a lot of cases it did not last as long as an incandescent.

Then in came the LED's. Two years ago my 100 yr old grandma's apartment building renovated the wiring and circuit boxes in their building, including installing all LED lights inside of the units and throwing the incandescents away. She refers to them as "lead" bulbs and said they told her they would last longer than she would. Two years later now all of them have failed and been replaced. Guess those "lead" bulbs weren't all they were cracked up to be! :-)

We will all go through the same process with EV's. Which will make the cynic in me giggle a little when the climate justice warriors curse their EV's the same way we've had to deal with the diesel emissions regulations that have been shoved down our throats. There will be growing pains. And just like the lightbulbs they will realize it works for some people but not others. And there will still be vehicles running on fossil fuels because of this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)