AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI drones may soon become totally banned in USA unless you do something NOW
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/16/2024 09:11 (#10776182)
Subject: DJI drones may soon become totally banned in USA unless you do something NOW

Chebanse, IL.....

If there are any drone users on Ag Talk, you might want to read the following links and take action now. There is a US House bill (HR2864) in the works now that would effectively stop the sale and use of all DJI drones in the US. You might think you bought a DJI a couple years ago and you'll still be able to fly it. No...you wont. I try to keep up with news, but this kind of crept up on me. Sure, there was legislation a couple years ago to ban DJI drone use by US governmental agencies, like your local USDA or police dept. But now, our Congress is targeting ALL DJI drones. 

I don't know everything about all drones, but I know there are few if any American made alternatives to the DJI drones, both the ag versions and consumer versions. I'm not a pro-Chinese person either, but look at the stuff in your daily life and what might be "collecting data" as they fear drones are. Your cell phone. Your computer (90% made in China), your television, your XM radio, etc. Why are drones being singled out? Start somewhere else if you're going to clean house. We'll be back in the dark ages when you get done however.

So, if you oppose this upcoming DJI-banning rule making, aka HR 2864, please click on the link I've attached. The Drone Advocacy Alliance has made it easy for you to contact your US legislators with your message. You can send only the pre-filled portion, or, as I did, add your own 2 cents along with the important precise enclosed message. Likewise, I guess if you want all DJI drones banned in the USA, you can fill & send it also. I don't think  you'll be doing ag any favors by doing that however. If you think nothing will ever come of this, then don't get involved. Do any of your kids or family fly a DJI drone? They'll be done also. I suspect our cameras will be next.

I filled out the message form and sent it. If you provide no personal message, it will take about 45 seconds. If you want to include your personal thoughts, it'll take as long as it takes you to type. Then, just hit SEND. They list the legislators that will be contacted automatically depending on your home address. Look for the BLUE BUTTON near the top of the page that says "TAKE ACTION". 

Link to Drone Advocacy Alliance with a message #mce_temp_url#

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)