AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2nd SSD not found Windows 10 computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

guessrow
Posted 6/22/2024 07:35 (#10783045)
Subject: 2nd SSD not found Windows 10 computer

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas

Hello,

I have a 4 year old Dell XPS. It has worked well, but was getting slower lately. Anyway, I removed the old HDD from service and installed a new Samsung 1TB SSD.  I downloaded Windows to a flash drive and did a completely fresh install. It worked great... for about a week. Then things started going downhill- I started getting error messages, Windows wanted to fix itself, etc. It totally crashed after a day or 2.

I tried the re-installation process again with the new hard drive, but it didn't recognize the new drive the 2nd time around so it couldn't reinstall. I reinstalled the old HDD and fired it back up with the new drive as a second drive to troubleshoot. 

Here's the current situation- I can not see the second drive while in windows. The SSD does not show up in device manager or disc management. I though I would find it, reformat it and try the reinstallation process. 

Any thoughts? The system BIOS does see the 2nd SSD correctly. I've disabled UEFI boot security and PTT to no avail. Windows just won't detect the 2nd SSD

good luck -jim 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)