AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader STMM - Seed Tube Monitoring Module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/2/2024 03:29 (#10725700 - in reply to #10725594)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader STMM - Seed Tube Monitoring Module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm fairly certain that you problem is an incorrect adapter cable between the STTM and the OEM planter monitor harness. Dickey John made planter monitors that were sold under their own name and also others that were sold under other brand names.

The connectors appeared to be identical but the wiring is not. The row numbers are consistent between the variations but the power/ground pins used are not consistent.

One style uses "more" pins than the other. I think your problem is that although the cables you are using between the STTMs and the planter harnesses appear identical they are not. Disconnect the 37 pin AMP connectors. I'm betting that the adapter cable that works will have a few more pins in it as far as pins 27 etc.

I believe your problem is that with one adapter harness, only half of the sensors are getting power/ground. With the correct adapter harness all 24 row sensors will be getting power/ground

I have experience with this since we personally have a used 24 row Deere 1770NT that came with Deeres 350 monitor (made by Dickey John). I converted it to use Ag Leader clutches and a STTM module. When I ordered the adapter to go between the STTM and the OEM planter monitor harness, I had to be careful and order the correct model. There are many choices, many appear identical from an outward appearance but are not wired exactly the same.

When I worked as a Tech, a customer came in who had purchased a soybean only drill on an auction. It came with a monitor, harness and sensors. He already had a corn planter that had its own monitor, harness and sensors. Each worked fine. If he used the corn planting tractor and corn planting monitor with the corn planter things were fine. If he used the soybean planting tractor and soybean planting monitor with the soybean drill, things were fine.

He wanted the ability to connect either tractor to the soybean drill without having to move the monitors. I was able to make an adapter for him. It consisted of a 37 pin plug and a 37 pin receptacle. This adapter was installed between the cable on the planting tractor and the soybean drill. It rerouted the wires as necessary.

I would visually look at this before I did a bunch of back dating firmware.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)