AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nitrogen from lightning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Farmer087
Posted 5/3/2024 10:13 (#10727222 - in reply to #10726510)
Subject: RE: Nitrogen from lightning

NW IL
Search earlier posts about Green Lightning.

After a series of phone calls, that Precision trial was basically the only study done last year. So this is VERY new in terms of field trials. I've talked to multiple individuals and consultants doing farm scale trials this year across the midwest. There seems to be at least a few hundred machines that are/will be delivered this season. So new they are still getting parts and manufacturing figured out (I was told they sent out new valves in one instance because original ones were not holding up to long term use.)

No one knows the exact mechanism that allows the proceesed water to "replace" nitrogen, and the company has told consultants to focus on brix and overall plant health rather than nitrate levels in any tissue or sap tests. So from that perspective it may be late Aug until yield differences can start to be calculated.

I personally have some theories but they get into the realm of quasi-science, ie structured water and energy storage within molecules.

If anyone wants to try some, I was told the company is selling it at the plant in KS for $.50 a gal. Just remember that the Precision study used over 100gal/ac sidedressed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)