AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Probability of Ethanol Plant shutdown and Covid 19 in 2021?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 1/15/2021 07:48 (#8752552)
Subject: Probability of Ethanol Plant shutdown and Covid 19 in 2021?

Fontanelle, IA
I see that some big city mayors are starting to call for "opening" up / "relaxing" covid 19 restrictions now?

What is the market figuring the odds/probability of a covid 19 shutdown in 2021? Right now, it "feels" (my gut this morning) as though the probability is next to nil... I don't know if the market is roaring on drunk stimulus money and future stimulus payments or not; however, it feels like thelma & Louise right now with the wind blowing in our hair...

Ethanol plants are still bidding hard for corn above $5 cash locally even though they have to be bleeding some red ink with strong corn basis, average ethanol prices on the rack, and significantly higher DDG values. they may slow down grind some to max fermentation recovery now with price. Gasoline price the next few forward months seems like a big jump assumed around April (which may coincide with summer driving supply builds).

It just feels as though the corn market has thrown Covid 19 caution to the wind...

As for Ethanol Plants that are currently shutdown, is it just the ADM plants in Cedar Rapids, IA, and Columbus, NE?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)