AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Probability of Ethanol Plant shutdown and Covid 19 in 2021?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Les NCKS
Posted 1/15/2021 08:01 (#8752595 - in reply to #8752552)
Subject: RE: Probability of Ethanol Plant shutdown and Covid 19 in 2021?

Salina, Kansas
Its hard to believe there could be much more in the covid shutdown although I am sure the controllers will push it as long as possible. We have about reached the cliff here I think. At the point everyone has had it the new cases will plummet and we have to be getting close to that here. Virtually everyone close I know has had it and most aquaintances have as well. I don't see most places in rural america being able to push the control much past that point but they will try I am sure. The urban areas under strict dem control I am sure will go a little further, but at some point the number will just have to make them pull back you would think. I just say an article that was "amazed" that the packing plants in SW KS managed to stay open during the last wave. You almost have to slap your head. They were hit hard the first round but they virtually ALL got it then ( which is what we all should have done ) and now its not as big a problem.

The corn price on the other hand has me wondering a bit although if they have bought enough ahead I suppose that could keep them running for a while but if the run up continues I don't know. Although I am sure once the dems get their regulatory ball rolling that the gas price will go up eventually as well so that might keep the ethanol price more in line to go up. Fuel usage will surely rise as well as the economy runs a little harder

Edited by Les NCKS 1/15/2021 08:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)