AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looks like a heck of a deal for a startup farmer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jimsonweed
Posted 1/15/2021 22:23 (#8754816 - in reply to #8753343)
Subject: RE: Looks like a heck of a deal for a startup farmer.

W Texas
I don’t know the scoop but I drive past the equipment at 20mph twice every weekday (school zone) and drive by a lot of these farms checking on feedlot cattle maybe once a month.

Don’t believe it is a bankruptcy. Farms and equipment are all well maintained and fertility is top notch because he owns a share in a fertilizer company. It is a weird deal. Some folks that have ground leased to him were caught unawares until signs started going up.

Pivots are probably very well maintained. A lot of the water is good. Kansas is a bit of a snake pit about water. Neighbors reporting each other if spray hits the county road, etc.

Some signs went up and have already come down, so I’m thinking some farms have already sold to neighbors.

Soils are very good. Read some dude on here from South Dakota that said Kansas doesn’t have good soils. But I’m from Oklahoma and SW Ks has very good soils. It’s all a matter of perspective.

This commodity run up made him some coin, I imagine.

BTW, this area is the land of opportunity. It doesn’t require “outside investment income” to build up an operation like that in three generations. Plenty of good families have done it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)