AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat fungicide choices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sloughclub
Posted 5/5/2024 04:30 (#10729049 - in reply to #10726946)
Subject: RE: Wheat fungicide choices?

Southern Missouri
What we’re seeing with our drone experience on our fields is ideally dropping to around 25 ft swath and using 3 gallons per acre over the 2 gallon being routinely used in the drone world and getting better results, Steve Li u of auburn results are showing same , if you have a drone with larger pumps as the t50 has or the xag pro 100 it’s not really much time difference in spraying a field to do 3 gal vs 2 and using a 25 ft swath pattern , a t40 has to run a little slower and will make a little difference in time on 40 acres but it’s still not that great if you’re looking for best results as in you owning the crop and doing the drone spraying yourself , just can’t stand/do the wheel tracks here ( probably worse for me than others )The videos of drone spraying will also show much waving around of crop canopy as spray from drone is settling and completely settled, canopy is still waving around, I would believe this would have to help with coverage , many many many videos of spray going into waving canopy. Putting out 120 gallon of total mix on a 40 vs 80 gallons of total mix on a 40 is not that big a deal , not at all really and the 5 or 6 extra passes for the drone doing 25 ft instead of 30 or 32 swaths takes very little time actually,total chemical cost and chemical used is exactly the same , just a little more time , water , and electricity,seems to me a lot lot lot of this depends on if the drone operator is same person receiving the money from the yield of the crop , the little extra time appears to be well worth it to us , of course it’s much more highly visible after applying herbicides and then waiting a few days and seeing swath results than it ever is seen from fungicides , but in my opinion those swath and gallons per acre results are still there JMHO

Edited by sloughclub 5/5/2024 05:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)