AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

liquid strip till questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Lac farms
Posted 5/4/2024 09:30 (#10728267)
Subject: liquid strip till questions

I'm looking at purchasing a strip till bar. I have researched this for a couple of years now thinking I was going to go with a dry setup, but i just don't have the support equipment to do it, and don't want to spend a bunch of money for something that I might find won't work in my hills. So with that said i guess i have some questions for people that have done or are doing liquid strip till. What are you guys using for products? I know there are clears out there which will be very expensive. I have a dealer close that makes his own suspension products that said he would work with me, but he thinks I'll need to put down close to 100 gallons per acre to get a good 60-40-80 mix. If I go this route I know it will be more than a dry spread program, but will be less than the clear route. I'm just looking for options on the product side.
For equipment I'm thinking about just getting an old anhydrous bar and convert it to liquid. Again I'm trying to get a good test to see if this is something that will work long term in my hills without spending a fortune. Looking for any ideas on what you guys like, or a row unit that you guys like. My goal is to apply it in the spring ahead of the planter.
Last question would be depth of application. How deep do I need to apply the product and not worry about roots being burnt?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)